Job Description In English

Tina

My job description.

Hello everyone, Iam Tina, and Iam going to tell you about my job description, so that you can read my post here and then comment or even correct my English, (coz Iam doing it first time in English :)) and also you can do the same about your job! I would be glad...
I work in Advertising company, and when ppl hear about it, they mostly (that part who doesnot know about it) think that its just blabla communication with clients and thats all.. but its not so..
Actually in advertising there are two main directions - 1. Ad production; and then 2. Ad placement on some media channels, like TV, Radio, digital, Outdor and so on...
when we already have some ad commercial of a company or product, then we need to place it somewhere to promote.. my field is TV ad placement.
Imagine we already have some commercial video and need to place it on TV. Here in our country we have two measuring companies of TV audience: 1. AGB Nielsen (head office in Switzerland), its program soft is called "Arianna" and 2. TMI, official licensee of KANTAR Media, headquarter in London. its program soft is called "Instar analytics". they both measure television audience and its behavior with special set box (peoplemetre);
these program softs you cant find on internet, it needs to have licensee and also they give us data daily, without that data, it just doesnot work. I passed exams in this programs. So we can provide TV ad planning, and then monitoring and analysis via these programs. Iam all in numbers at my work:)) there are a lot of special media analitical parametres, and each measures particular and special things. I hope all of you even once have heard about ratings of some tv programs or channels, exactly about such parametres Iam talking about.. This kind of job needs special computer skilss, especially Excel and Powerpoint, and also exactly those program softs, Arianna and Instar analytics. It needs characteristics and features as follows: Good skills in mathematics, ability to think in numbers, and also work on plenty of data materials..You also need good skills at communication with clients too and to have a good presentation skills , I can say that its well paied job in our country, and you also can work in it in other countries, where these programs are supported in the same field, and there are a lot of countries, working with the same companies. This was only about TV placement I have told you, we also have some other media channels for ad placement as I wrote before.. and for more information I can upload here sample of one very little part of tv media plan, how we do and work in :))))
Thank you for your attention :)

Attachments

Tina

your job is interesting , but I'm afraid that I cant comprehend it fully cuz I have zero experience in advertising.
well yeah it was absolutely unclear stuffs even for me very from the begining, when I was attending at training sessions..

Last edited:
Good job, dear Tina, good luck & i hope u great future.:)
I think its better to talk in general , especially in last paragraph, because most readers ,which r here, they r'nt proffessional in your job and will be tired.
Majid-64

Tina

Good job, dear Tina, good luck & i hope u great future.:)
I think its better to talk in general , especially in last paragraph, because most readers ,which r here, they r'nt proffessional in your job and will be tired.
Majid-64
Thank you Majid, you mean to talk in General chat room? I didnot get it...

Tina

If be honest, I wrote this thread for me, I wanted to challenge myself, how would I be able to describe and explain all that... but then thought that maybe other ppl also will want to do the same about their job....so I created this thread

If be honest, I wrote this thread for me, I wanted to challenge myself, how would I be able to describe and explain all that... but then thought that maybe other ppl also will want to do the same about their job....so I created this thread
:thumbsup:

You did a nice job!.
It has some minors errors. However, I think it's impressive how you try to be coherent.
Just one question: how much time did you spend writing it?

Tina

You did a nice job!.
It has some minors errors. However, I think it's impressive how you try to be coherent.
Just one question: how much time did you spend writing it?
I don't really remember but i was at work so maximum half an hour maybe even not..